Tuesday, March 26, 2013

And now for a little Rest!

Well, It's official - we're home owners!

Praise God!

Denton's Rest shall now commence in full force.

We had some great help with buying this house - we've been looking for just shy of 2 years now - Mandy came down in April of 2011 to 'just pick a house for us to buy' - Yeah, I totally thought she could do that in a week.

The one constant in the last two years has been this man:
This is Don Bell - he works with Crye-Leike Realtors in Marion, AR.  Another pic of Don, and some contact information here.  I can't say enough good things about Don - he's walked us through at least two dozen houses, and I've talked more to Don in the past two years then anyone outside of family.  He, and his wife Anita, have been the best realtors we've ever dealt with.  If you need anything realty related, Don's your man.  I would recommend him to anyone looking for land/house/farm in the tri-state area (AR/MS/TN).

I'll do a Don post at some point, as there isn't room here to list all of his attributes, or tell you the stories of the houses we went to see that we liked/he liked; we didn't like/he didn't like; we liked/he steered us WAY away from (thanks for that!!); etc.  I've said it before, and I'll tell anyone who will listen, Don was just a realtor, but at this point, I consider him a friend!

Had a great bit of help from the people at Terry Abstract Company, especially April Payne: 

Money very well spent using Terry as a closing agent - I would highly recommend them to anyone.

Another guy who'd I like to mention is Andy Anderson.  While he was the seller's realtor, he did a bang-up job with all of the stipulations and modification and EXTENSIONS we had to go through with this transaction.  Here is a picture of him with Don and Anita:

Well, that's the day - and here is the result:



Gotta say, we're pleased as punch!


No comments:

Post a Comment